Here are highlights of just a few of our recent successes.
- The Foundation is among the first to introduce new medications (the PCSK9 injectable medications) for coronary artery treatment and prevention.
- We are the first to make available personal EKG devices for detection of arrhythmias.
- Cardiovascular Research Foundation of Southern California is the very first to make available direct coronary artery blood flow measurements using a non-invasive coronary computed tomography angiography (often referred to as CTA) to accurately predict the need for coronary intervention.
- Our research previously has shown that plaque in coronary arteries starts as early as 20 years of age; we are among the very first to show that this plaque can be retarded with appropriate medical therapy.
- The Foundation is also among the first to offer the most cutting-edge imaging of the heart to patients at our Cardiovascular Medical Group’s office.
- The Cardiovascular Research Foundation also provides vital philanthropic support.
All of the above projects and approaches have now become part of our routine care protocols.